Milkshakes are a classic treat that’ll bring back fond childhood memories of sitting at a soda fountain with your friends. The wonderful thing is you don’t have to be a master chef to make your own refreshing milkshake. One of the keys to creating a tasty milkshake is to use high-quality ingredients. Here are instructions and tips on how to make a milkshake that you can customize according to your taste.
Basic Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Leave your ice cream out for about 15 minutes or until it softens slightly before mixing it in the blender with the other ingredients.
Put your ice cream, milk and vanilla into the blender. Mix on slow for about two minutes or until the mixture is smooth. Don’t mix it too long because the ice cream will melt. You could also use a jar with a tight lid to make a milkshake. Put your ingredients in a jar. Make sure the lid is tightly closed. Gently shake it until your milkshake is the thickness you want. Pour the mixture into two chilled glasses.
Ideas For Customizing Your Milkshake Recipe
1. Spoon some fresh whipped cream on top of your milkshake. Garnish your whipped cream with pieces of shaved chocolate and a cherry.
2. If you’re making a vanilla shake, add to the flavor by mixing in some fruit. Mash bananas or strawberries in a bowl. Gently mix the mashed fruit into your vanilla shake.
3. Make a chocolate milkshake richer by adding chopped pieces of candy to it.
4. Crumble three cookies in a bowl. Pour them on top of your milkshake and stir. You could also add them to your ingredients before you mix your milkshake.
5. Make an adult milkshake by mixing in a few drops of coffee-flavored liqueur.
1. If you prefer a thicker shake, add a little more ice cream. For a thinner shake, add more milk.
2. The weight-conscious person can substitute whole milk with low fat milk and ice cream with frozen yogurt to create a healthier milkshake.
3. Make sure the ingredients and tools that you use to create your milkshake are as cold as possible. The coldness will help give your milkshake its creamy thickness.
4. Use the highest quality of ice cream to make sure that your milkshake has the richest flavor.
Once you know how to make a milkshake, you can start experimenting with all the flavor possibilities. Have fun creating a few specialty milkshakes that you can proudly serve as a treat at your next holiday party or family get together.